Job Title: Office Administrator (Full-time, permanent)
Application by: Monday 24th September 2018
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic administrator to join our small team. The successful applicant will be interacting with sheep breeders from the UK, Ireland and Europe so this role requires an organised individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills. This self-motivated individual will have good attention to detail and demonstrate a professional and courteous manner as the role will include public facing duties. Flexibility and willingness to work extra hours during busy periods will be required.
- Place of work, Suffolk Sheep Society Ltd, Galgorm, Ballymena
- Permanent Full Time, Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm and Friday 8:30am to 3:00pm.
- Salary £17,000 to £19,000 per annum depending on experience
This is a varied role dealing with all aspects of working in a busy office environment:
- Answering calls, emails, dealing with queries, inputting data onto the Society Pedigree Management System.
- Taking and maintaining accurate records.
- Taking minutes at board meetings
- Filing, answering correspondence and dealing with members.
- Management of day-to-day administrative tasks involving the use of a wide range of ICT packages and applications.
- The role will work closely with the Chief Executive and other members of the admin team to ensure smooth running and execution of all daily, weekly, monthly and annual business requirements.
- Any other duties that prove relevant to the position
- To be responsible for administration associated with the running of pedigree breed society
- To provide a high level of customer service to members and external stakeholders
- To ensure that queries are resolved promptly, efficiently and accurately
- To field telephone calls and enquiries
- To build relationships with new and existing members
- To assist with Society credit control
- To input sheep data entry
- To complete general administrative duties
- Full clean driving license
- 2 years previous office admin experience in the last 5 years in a similar role.
- GCSE Grade A to C in Maths and English
- 2 subjects at A Level or equivalent
- IT literate including Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
Application: Write to the address below in no more than 750 words (along with your CV and 2 referees, one of which must be your current/most recent employer), setting out how you meet the requirements of the job, and explaining any employment gaps in you CV. Applicants will be notified in advance before references are requested.
Email your application by 4:00pm on Friday 24th September 2018, along with your CV, to email@example.com.
Downloadable PDF version